måndag 2 april 2012

Spring cleaning


This weekend I did the spring cleaning of the country house, scrubbing the floors and dusting spider web from the wooden beams. Although we usually travel down over the day during winter the cleaning is the “official” opening of the house for the spring season. There is something so very special about the smell of soap on wooden floors. The smell is full of promises of the glorious summer days that will be spent there.


I finished the cleaning by laying out my newly washed rag carpets. I love rag carpets and I often fantasize about the fabric that have been used. Is there someone’s favorite dress among it somewhere I wonder? I especially love the pattern on my rag carpet in the kitchen. Some of it made is from old panty hoses. A jumble sale bargain for a mere 6 euro.

Jeanette

1 kommentar: