fredag 11 november 2011

The Friday Tutorial

Wrist warmers

Last winter in Sweden was cold, very cold and mittens, warm sweaters and long johns were sold out in all the shops. I bought the last pair of long johns in one of the shops and believe me there was nearly a fight over them…..It was even cold indoors. Wrist warmers became a great way of keeping warm when I had to sit still at my office and the heater had gone to heater heaven warming the wings of the angels instead of my cold feet. So this year I am going to be prepared. I have already made two pair of mittens and some wrist warmers. It is fun and fast and makes a nice gift too.

The best of it all is that I get to use the beautiful wool sweater that my husband accidentally machine washed but you can use felt as well. You can embellish it with basically anything that you find beautiful. I used fabric, embroidery yarn, glass beads, vintage lace and did some needle felting.



This is how you do it:
Cut two pieces of felt that fits around your wrist. Pimp them - get wild and crazy if you like. Sew them together – done!



If you have an old and shrunken sweater ( thanks to your hubby maybe) it is even faster. Cut of the last 20 centimeters of the arms of the sweater, embellish – done!

Here is some that I have made.












Now I leave you for the weekend. Hope you have a creative one!
Jeanette

2 kommentarer: