fredag 14 oktober 2011

The Friday Tutorial

Tin can angel
I love tin cans! Maybe I will show you just how much in next weeks Things I Love Tuesday....I love them because you can make almost anything out of them. Flower pots, jewelry, candle holders….you name it! Today I wanted to make a tin can angel but you can use this technique to make whatever shape you like.

You need:
A tin can of course. A template – you can draw one yourself or find something in magazines or on google maybe. You also need some wire, pearls and a heavy duty nibbler ( also known as a double-cut pipe cutter) for dismantling the tin can and a not so heavy duty flush cutter for cutting out your angel. You also need a sanding paper if you don’t want your angel to end up as a lethal weapon.



1. Cut off the top and the bottom of the tin and then cut it through the middle. Flatten it out. You now have a rectangular piece to work with.

2. Trace your template to the tin and cut it out.



3. Use the sanding paper to soften the edges otherwise you will have made a Brazilian throwing star and not an angel. In my opinion a throwing star doesn’t go all that well with the spirit of angels.



4. Punch a hole in it.



5. Hang it up in a string and maybe add a pearl or two as embellishment if you like.



You are done!

A word of warning though - it`s addictive. You just want to keep going and will from now on be on the lookout for tin cans all the time. I am giving this one to a friend who just had her firstborn. I think it will be perfect to hang on the wall over the cot.

Now I leave you for the weekend. Hope you have a creative one!
Jeanette

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar