fredag 28 oktober 2011

The Friday Tutorial

Origami Hearts

I suck at origami. I think it has something to do with my inability to see things three dimentional. It could also have something to do with my total lack of patience if I doesn`t understand something right away. I have tried to make a crane an uncountable amount of times but they still end up looking like a squashed goose. Anyway, I was about to give up on origami when a friend taught me how to do origami hearts. It was dead simple, probably something they teach in kindergarten because even I got it. Ha,ha! So for you out there with the same problem as me ( please say there is someone....) here goes.

You need: a rectangular piece of paper. Any rather thin paper will do so why not recycle some old magazines, gift papers or envelopes.





1. Fold corner to corner to make creases. Unfold.


2.Fold one corner to center



3. Fold opposite corner to the top edge



4. Fold the corners up at right angles to the center – the heart shape is starting to appear right?



5. Fold side corners back



6. Fold top corners back



7. That was really simple right?


I made the photos with a white piece of paper to make it easier to follow the instructions. Of course your hearts will look so much more beautiful if you use all kind of colors. Last Christmas I made lots in red paper, glued them to a string and made garlands for the Christmas tree.
Now I leave you for the weekend. Hope you have a creative one!
Jeanette

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar