torsdag 16 februari 2012

Shibori

Books are a great source of inspiration for me when it come to knitting ideas and patterns. I am usually too cheap to go buy them I borrow them at my local library instead. On my last visit I borrowed the book “ Shibori knits, the art of exquisite felted knits by Gina Wilde.



I was intrigued by the title because I had never heard about shibori before and when I did quick browse my heart started beating…. The shibori knits looked absolutely fantastic.



When I read the foreword I knew that this must be something for me
Shibori is an empowering tool for knitters; it`s a method for introducing possibility and also asks that a bit of risk be taken – like an adventure where the destination is new personal expression
Now who can resist a bit of adventure eh? Certainly not me.

The art of shibori knitting has its traditional roots from Japan. So in the same week I have discovered both Noro yarn and shibori. I just might call this the Japanese knitting week instead.

Do you want to learn more about Shibori? Here is a link to the World Shibori Network.


Now I must hurry up and finish my Noro cardigan and then I will give the shibori knits a try.

Jeanette


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar